Thursday, March 26, 2009

Post 1.

So I work in American Eagle in Queens Center Mall. I'm a lead cashier so I'm always ringing on the register. When I walk in I go to a drawer, grab a key for a lock (which 9 times out of 10 doesn't belong to any lock), put my stuff away, walk to a manager, get a take-5 and ring for my entire shift. I don't only just ring; I also help other cashiers when they have issues with customers or handle any other problems in the cash and wrap. I'm pretty much a manager without the title or salary.
My workplace is just a normal retail store. Its in the mall so monday-friday during the daytime its pretty slow, but at night or on the weekend chaos ensues. People seem to think they need to tear up clothing piles and fight for shirts or jeans. I barely have time to think because the lines are endless. The store can get pretty crowded or messy so anyone who is claustrophobic should stay away.
I've worked there for two years so there isn't much I'd change. I've grown accustomed to the establishment. I'm one of the few associates who are close to the managers so I'm able to get my voice heard. If I have any issues I talk to a manager and it gets resolved. Also since I'm a lead I dont have to take much order from anyone.

No comments:

Post a Comment